Courtesy Shirley Bond, Victoria Chapter
- 3 1/3 cups sweetened shredded coconut (400 gram pkg)
- 1 cup icing sugar
- ½ cup corn starch
- 1 tsp xanthan gum
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 3 egg whites
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- Grease a large baking sheet or line with parchment paper.
- Mix coconut, sugar, cornstarch, xanthan, salt in food processor just to blend.
- Add egg whites and vanilla and process until fully mixed. It will be stiﬀ.
- With wet hands, form into 1 inch balls and place on baking sheet. (I use a 1 Tbsp sized ice cream scoop).They do not spread.
- Bake for 15 – 18 minutes until very lightly browned on edges.
- Cool on pan on wire rack for 10 minutes.
- Transfer to wire rack to cool fully.
- Store in airtight container for 2 days or freeze up to a month.
- Can be drizzled with ½ cup melted chocolate chips.