Courtesy CCA PEI Chapter
- 2 eggs, beaten 2 cups pure pumpkin (not pie filling)
- 1 1/3 cups sugar 1 cup applesauce
- 2 cups all-purpose gluten-free flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ginger or nutmeg Chocolate or cream cheese icing
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Take out an ungreased 10- by 15-inch baking pan (or, for a fluffier version, a 9 by 13-inch pan) and set aside.
- Beat together the eggs, pumpkin, sugar and applesauce until well blended.
- Add the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and the ginger / nutmeg. Mix until smooth, then spread the batter in your pan.
- Bake for 25 to 35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the centre comes out clean. Allow to cool.
- Apply icing, enjoy!