Courtesy Mark Johnson
- ½ cup white rice flour
- ½ cup brown rice flour
- ½ cup teff flour
- 1 ½ tsp xanthan gum
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- ½ cup white sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3 cups pure, uncontaminated oats
- ½ cup margarine, melted
- 2 eggs (or equivalent 4 egg replacer)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- In a bowl, whisk flours, xanthan gum, sugars, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Make sure there are no lumps.
- Add the oats, and combine well.
- Add the melted butter, and mix until combined.
- Add the beaten eggs and vanilla. Mix until it comes together. Add the chocolate chips and mix well.
- Place cookies on prepared cooking sheets by the spoonful.
- Preheat oven to 325F.
- If winter, put the sheets outside. If summer, put into freezer. Wait 15 minutes.
- Place into oven and bake for 15 minutes. Cookies will still be soft.
- Allow to cool on the baking sheet for 15 minutes, then transfer carefully to a wire rack to allow to cool completely. Serve. These also freeze well.