The Ottawa Chapter of the Canadian Celiac Association is proud to be hosting the 2018 national conference, which will take place on June 9, 2018 at the Shaw Centre in downtown Ottawa, just steps from Parliament Hill, the Byward Market, the Rideau Centre and countless other attractions. Registration is now open at www.ccaconference.ca and we’re looking forward to an amazing event!
We are presenting not one but two keynote speakers:
- Dr. Marios Hadjivassiliou, a professor in neurology at the University of Sheffield in the United Kingdom. Dr. Hadjiovassiliou is a top world researcher in the area of the neurological manifestations of celiac disease and non-celiac gluten sensitivity. In particular, he has conducted extensive research into gluten ataxia.
- Dr. Joseph Murray, a gastroenterologist at the Mayo Clinic in Minnesota, and among the world’s leading researchers in the area of celiac disease and gluten sensitivity. Dr. Murray will be discussing the latest research breakthroughs.
Along with the keynotes, we’re planning to welcome speakers on the following topics:
- Psychological issues relating to celiac disease and the gluten-free diet
- Operating a gluten-free bakery, securing safe supplies, and being aware of other major allergens as well
- Updates from Health Canada and Canadian Food Inspection Agency
- Ensuring safe gluten-free beans, lentils and pulses are available in the Canadian marketplace
Space is limited so we encourage you to register today. CCA members can attend for just $80 for the day, which includes breakfast and lunch, access to all speaker sessions, and entrance to a gluten-free vendor market that will be taking place alongside the conference. This early bird rate is good just until the end of March so sign up right away!