Sue Jennett has operated a gluten-free bakery for more than ten years and has a gluten-free baking show on her local
½ cup sorghum flour
½ cup brown rice flour
2 tbsp tapioca starch
¾ cup white sugar
1 tsp gum
1 ½ tsp baking soda
½ tsp salt
2 tbsp cocoa powder
3 tbsp buttermilk powder*
¾ cup water*
¼ cup vegetable oil
1-3 drops red colour (gel)
2 tsp cider vinegar
- Sift dry ingredients into a bowl and set aside.
- Into mixer place eggs, water, oil and vinegar, mix well.
- Add dry ingredients and mix until smooth.
- Add red colouring until the batter turns desired red colour.
- Bake 350º for 30-35 mins for 8” rounds, 20-22 mins for cupcakes, 10-12 for minis.
- Frost with cream cheese frosting.
*Option – omit buttermilk powder and use liquid buttermilk to replace water.