Courtesy of the Vancouver Celiac News June 2018
These are sweet but oh so good. The recipe can be cut in half for one 9” x 13” pan.
- 64 Kraft Caramel candy
- 1 cup Carnation Evaporated milk
- 3/4 cup brown rice flour
- 1/2 cup tapioca starch
- 1/2 cup potato starch
- 1/4 cup sweet rice flour
- 1 tsp xanthan gum
- 2 cups gluten-free rolled oats
- 1/2 tsp soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- Melt caramels with the evaporated milk on low heat.
- Mix together brown rice flour, tapioca and potato starch, rice flour and xanthan gum with
oats, soda, and salt.
- Work butter into flour the flour mixture with pastry cutter or your hands. Work it until it
- Take half of crumbs and press into two 9 x 13” pans making a thin base.
- Bake for 5 minutes at 350 degrees F.
- Let cool for 5 minutes and then pour caramel mixture over the baked base.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips and nuts over the caramel and the crumble the rest of the rest of
crumbs over the top.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until golden.
- Cool, cut while still warm and then place in the fridge to harden.
- Store in the freezer until needed (they are actually good frozen.)