By Jessica Danford
I am all about cooking without a recipe and using what i have on hand. Adapting to my preferred tastes and favourite flavours. This is a versatile recipe, a simple delicious base with four ingredients that can be jazzed up with whichever add-ins you like.
The first time I made this hubby found it in the fridge where I left it to set for 30 mins and ate it up thinking it was just normal chocolate pudding or mousse… he had no idea it was dairy free and vegan. Talk about sneaking in the greens!
WHAT YOU NEED
- 2 avocados
- 1 garlic clove (minced)
- 1 lemon or lime
- 2 to 3 cups of cooked GF pasta
- salt and pepper
- optional: topping could be anything from baked with vegan cheese or some hot sauce, or maybe a crispy crust of gluten-free crumbs with herbs, how about for a non-vegan add some tuna and diced radish for a fresh tuna salad
WHAT TO DO
1. Take all ingredients to combine in a bowl. I recommend using a hand mixer to get the smoothest consistency.
2. Add the milk as needed to thin to desired consistency.
3. Then place in the fridge for 30 mins to set and serve with your favourite toppings like shredded coconut or banana slices.
CFIA Recall Notice
Click for more product photos.
OTTAWA, January 22, 2013 – The Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA) and the Newfoundland Chocolate Company are warning people with allergies to egg or wheat not to consume the Newfoundland Chocolate Company brand chocolates described below. The affected products contain egg and wheat which are not declared on the label.
All Best Before codes and all sizes of the following Newfoundland Chocolate Company brand chocolate products, where egg and wheat are not declared on the label, are affected:
|Smiling Land Series
Gourmet chocolates featuring Newfoundland wildberries
|Rum Runners & Rogues Series
Gourmet chocolates featuring Newfoundland spirits and liqueurs
Gourmet dark chocolates
|Quiet Cove Series
Gourmet milk chocolates
|Jigs n’ Reels Series
Gourmet milk, dark and white chocolates
These products have been distributed in the Atlantic provinces, Quebec, Ontario and Alberta, and may have been distributed nationally.
There have been no reported illnesses associated with the consumption of these products.
Consumption of these products may cause a serious or life-threatening reaction in persons with allergies to egg or wheat.
The manufacturer, Newfoundland Chocolate Company, St. John’s, NL is voluntarily recalling the affected products from the marketplace. The CFIA is monitoring the effectiveness of the recall.
For more information, consumers and industry can call the CFIA at 1-800-442-2342 /TTY 1-800-465-7735 (8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern time, Monday to Friday).